YOKOHAMA, Japan – There's nothing more quintessential than the family road trip, the perfect vehicle for getting out of town, immersing in nature, visiting with friends and making memories along the way.
To welcome summer, INFINITI today spotlights customers who take to the road to seek adventure and follow their dreams alongside with their families. While the customs and traditions may vary from one country to the next, the drive parents share to explore the world with their children is familiar.
From China to the US, INFINITI spoke with three sets of parents, all recent buyers of its all-new family-focused QX60 SUV as the perfect vehicle for weekday realities balanced with weekend escapes.
"Our customers' pursue lives fueled by their passion for family, work and play. Summer provides a welcome pause from rigorous schedules, to spend time with loved ones and travel and its important their vehicle supports" said INFINITI global chairperson Peyman Kargar. "The QX60 is the perfect companion to make family travel easier, be it around town or on longer road trips"
The activity of many of these families is centered around their SUV, the chosen vehicle to find their next adventure or support their many passions, whether reconnecting in nature outside of Beijing, China or road tripping with extended family to the Rocky Mountains in Colorado, USA.
Beijing dreams open the road for one family
For the Beijing-based Zhou family, escaping the urban jungle to foster their young son's natural curiosity into active exploration beyond the city limits is a key to positively shaping his development. The Zhou family shares, "We want our child to grow by experiencing and being comfortable in nature. We take trips to the mountains so he can use his many senses – even if it means getting dirty – to ultimately cultivate his own adventurousness."
"The adventure starts as we ride in our QX60," says the Zhou family. "Perfectly designed to deliver a sense of serenity through its interior design and family-friendly benefits like hidden storage."
And many times, the road trip can be closer to home. Mr. Zhou's desire to encourage this son in this developmental state where "anything brand new can arouse his curiosity" leads to outings like art gallery visits, music performances or classes.
"Between work appointments and creating opportunities for our child to explore his own passions, our QX60 elevates every experience - whether routine or momentous," said Mr. Zhou. "The family friendly features – some of which I didn't even realize I needed before becoming a parent - just make the experience that much more seamless."
A US mother's compass for parenting takes her family to the mountains
New mother Pam Rodriguez's family only continues to expand with a toddler at home and an adopted baby on the way, fitting in with her husband, fur babies (pets) and her nearby parents and in-laws. "My definition of family goes beyond blood," she said. "With so many close friends in our lives that act as continuous support for us."
One of her favorite ways to bring the many people she loves together is to fill-up the car with her son, parents, and dogs and drive from their hometown of Denver, Colorado to the Rocky Mountains just a little over an hour away. For Ms. Rodriguez, her recently purchased INFINITI QX60 provides a welcome sense of security, "As a new mother you can never be too safe. The smart rear view mirror and all the cameras in the vehicle give me that extra reinsurance to keep my family safe."
"The spaciousness of the QX60 was one of our top reasons for selecting it, and now that we have a son, I'm so thrilled with the family-features I didn't even appreciate before like the foot swipe feature to open the trunk when my hands are full and the pass-through compartment to store all the kid gear!"
Since she loves an adventure and loves sharing it with many people, Ms. Rodriguez values the spaciousness also and the flexibility of the seating arrangements in the QX60 to make it work best for whomever is along for the ride. "There are so many family-friendly features that just help make my life feel a little less chaotic. It's the little details that can make the difference."
And for Ms. Rodriguez and her family, they make sure there is always an open seat for whomever wants to join their fun.
A family finds new perspective as children grow into adults
With three children who are in their teens and twenties, the Lombardi family has a lifetime of memories of taking summer road trips together in their INFINITI SUVs at different stages with different motivations. First, to cultivate their young childrens' confidence in nature or to just simply burn energy, and then later, to help disconnect from busy schedules and their regular routines.
The Lombardis have been INFINITI SUV owners over the years, most recently purchasing the QX60, prioritizing luxury, comfort and space. Through the countless sports practices and trips taken as a family, "We know we can rely on the quality of the car and the service that comes with it."
And, as the Lombardi family's family has evolved throughout the years, so too has their preference for family-friendly features. Today, the Lombardi's each have their own INFINITI SUV and there are new headliners to their "must have list": the Wi-FI hotspot, premium audio and connectivity, along with rear seats capable of accommodating grown-up children, among them.
As active members of their community, the Lombardi life is full and reflects a life that they consciously model for their children. And at the end of a busy school year with adult children out of the house, heading to a local mountain town to reconnect together, unwind and get a little outdoor adventure is a lasting lesson.
Family friendly features make day-to-day life easier: The vehicle of choice for all three families, INFINITI's recently launched three-row QX60 is designed to help owners take on life in style. Each QX60 has been thoughtfully designed with the smallest details in mind, to help supporting parents with their daily routine as well as summer road trips. A few of the many benefits include:
- Curtailing child safety seat challenges: One-touch third-row access makes entry and exits from the rearmost seats effortless without removing an installed child safety seat[i] in the second row.
- Flexible configurability: Lower Anchors & Tethers for Children (LATCH) points are available within both the second and third rows (including driver-side third-row LATCH anchors) allowing flexible seating arrangements for children.
- A better view of the road ahead: The QX60's unique theater-seating layout, offers rising eyelines to the second- and third-row passengers for better outward vision.
- Ensuring easy entertainment on the road: Onboard Wi-Fi hotspot can connect up to seven devices for on-the-go entertainment; USB ports accessible by passengers in each row of seats supports charging entertainment devices.
- A more comfortable drive: Available ProPILOT Assist with Navi-link[ii] supports the driver during single-lane freeway travel and combines data sourced from the onboard navigation system to help slow the QX60 for curves or off-ramps while on a journey.
- Unobstructed rear visibility: Available Smart Rear View Mirror[iii] projects a clear image of what's behind the QX60 on a sharp 9.6-inch display when tall objects or rear passengers obstruct rearward vision.
- Keeping eyes on the road ahead: Available 10.8-inch head-up display[iv] relays important information onto the windshield and can be viewed even while drivers wear polarized sunglasses.
- Hands-free liftgate for full hands: Available motion-activated/hands-free power rear liftgate makes loading easy even when owners' hands might be full.
- Built-in Zen features: Available in-seat massagers in the first-row help parents and caretakers soothe the day away.
- All-weather comfort for all onboard: Headliner mounted vents for the second- and third-row outboard seats deliver comfort for all passengers.
- More storage underneath for more space in the cabin: Hidden 54.1 liter under-floor storage compartment can stow items families need onboard but out of sight.
To learn more about the 2022 INFINITI QX60 and its family-friendly features click here
INFINITI Motor Company is headquartered in Yokohama, Japan with operations around the world including regional offices based in the Americas, China and INFINITI International Markets based in Dubai. The INFINITI brand of premium automobiles are assembled in manufacturing facilities in Japan, North America and China. INFINITI design studios are located in Atsugi-Shi near Yokohama, London, San Diego and Beijing.
More information about INFINITI and its industry-leading technologies can be found at www.INFINITI.com. You can also follow INFINITI on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and see all our latest videos on YouTube.
Contacts - INFINITI Communications
Stephen (Steve) Coughlan
Senior Manager, Global Communications
[i] Do not perform slide forward function with the Child Restraint System occupied.
[ii] ProPILOT Assist with Navi-link cannot prevent collisions. It is the driver's responsibility to be in control of the vehicle at all times. Always monitor traffic conditions and keep both hands on the steering wheel. System operates only when lane markings are detected. Does not function in all weather, traffic and road conditions. System has limited control capability and the driver may need to steer, brake or accelerate at any time to maintain safety. See Owner's Manual for safety information.
[iii] Smart RearView Mirror may not detect every object and does not eliminate blind spots or warn of moving objects. See Owner's Manual for safety information.
[iv] Do not use for extended periods of time. See Owner's Manual for important safety information.